Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Luminaries.......Once Again





For those of you that have been visiting my blog for sometime,
you may recongnize these creations. 

It has been a long time since I have made any.



These round luminaries are made from tea bags
which I open and empty and add botanical bits and paper/fabric, ink 
and other bits and pieces to.


They can either stand on a window sill
and have the light that shines through 
show off their bits and pieces
OR.....


I add a battery operated tea light
inside the tube 
and when turned on gives a lovely glow.  





I really love how the light shows off 
the tiny flowers, stems and bits and pieces 
in each one. 


I have been thinking about creating an online class 
to show how I make these
...... but so far it has just been on the 'thinking about it' list.


Here are a few packaged with paper instructions
(which means no light shows through - so they are not so pretty)
ready to go to the little art gallery in town. 

14 comments:

  1. They are lovely little wonders! Made with love and passion, I can see! Beautiful, so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful. Why a lovely idea. Are they made from ordinary tea bags? I will need to look at my tea bags in a different way now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so beautiful, I love to have a tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are beautiful, I remember how you inspired mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful. I would love to know how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these, so pretty. Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly stunning, I am always amazed when I visit your blog!
    Would also love a tutorial !XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful and perfect for fall when the sun starts to dip down too early in the day. A tutorial would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please do have online classes, would love to see your methods of using teabags and painting on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love a tutorial/class if possible. I have done some tea bag art, and am addicted! These luminaries would make lovely little gifts for family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there a tutorial yet? Can the luminaries be purchased online? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry.... not tutorial yet. I am working on learning how to video and edit.... but also have a full time day job etc. It is still something I am hoping to do and continue to work away at it.

      Delete